Sunday, February 13, 2011

Avoid Allergies, Colds and Sinus Pressure

        I am sitting at the doctors office patiently awaiting my turn to see the doctor. I picked up a parenting magazine to keep myself occupied. It has been a long time since I picked up a parenting magazine. My girls are now 16 and 18, young adults. It was nice to see the smiling babies and read the cute comments that children make. However, what really got my attention and is still lingering in my mind was a little blurb in the cold section. A simple little thing you could do to get rid of the sinus pressure of a cold or allergies. It is the simplest of solutions. It is absolutely pure and effective. Plain and simple -the use of a saline solution spray.
       Last week in the shop everyone was complaining of feeling sick. They had stuffy heads, sinus pressure and were not focusing well on anything. They are always mad at me, because I do not get really sick like them. I tried to tell them the importance of using saline solution to reduce the pressure. I use it often and I never seem to suffer like everyone else from the effects of colds or allergies.
      Saline solution is mixture of salt and water. It is all natural and will not cause any ill side effects. By spraying the nasal cavity which is often dry when we turn the heat on, it can release dryness. But often as the heat comes on after a summer of sitting, it is full of allergens that might stuff up our noses. Saline spray is great for washing that all away including germs that we might have breathed in. For both cold and allergy sufferers the use of saline spray after exposure to irritants or germs is great way to avoid a stuffy nose, sneezing and being sick. Granted the taste of saline is not pleasant but the fact that it cleans our noses and keeps us healthy is well worth the nasty after taste. You can purchase saline solution at any local pharmacy and the store brand is just as effective as a name brand. You may also order it from Styling Souls  
   If you are interested in giving the nose a real cleaning, there is also the netty pot. It looks a little like a tea kettle, but is meant to clean the entire sinus cavity by flooding the entire cavity with a burst of salt water. This is suggested by doctors who would prefer alternative treatments for sinus infections.
For more information about these products or methods, please call us or visit these websites: http://www.ehow.com/how_2167016_use-netty-pot.html http://coldflu.about.com/od/medications/gr/salinespray.htm http://www.webmd.com/allergies/treatments-08/saline-spray
I hope you find this information helpful and you enjoy a healthy winter.
Rev.Christie La Valley, RMT

No comments:

Post a Comment